Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anything Goes! (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Fallen Angels Podcast Soon To Come? (http://www.fallenangelsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1038)

.Endless 10-23-2006 04:13 AM

Fallen Angels Podcast Soon To Come?

Well everyone, you heard it here first. I have recently been accepted into the Fallen Angels clan, and I feel very honored to be in it. I plan to, in the future, make many things for the clan. I also hope to become head staff someday, and help with major website things. Anyways, on with the Podcast.

Well, what is a Podcast anyways?
Most people are familiar with them through gaming. I am very interested in them because of one major game, comming out for the Xbox 360, titled Gears of War. Now, when I listen to these Podcasts, I feel like, hey, I could do that! I have started the general ideas of maybe producing an online radio, but then the Podcast came to be a more effective decision. Past the blabbering, a Podcast is simply an audio file placed on the internet to simulate an online radio station, talk show, or many other various things.

Past the explaining haha. Now, I have not decided on exactally what to do this Podcast on. I know it will be for Fallen Angels, but thats about it. My original idea was to read up on the forums about what is happening, and summarizing the week into a podcast. Then I came to the idea of spreading the happenings of the different Clan battles that Fallen Angels has. I will also, in the future, try to spread out to interview game developers maybe someday. Now, onto the more technical stuff.

What program will you be using?
Not a clue to tell the honest truth! I have to take a look at my wide seletection of programs, and then I will see which one best fits what I need. Ok, now, for interviews, or just for talking to people in the clan, I will most likely be using Skype, which is an internet voice relay chat program (IVRC). Now, I will have this up very soon, and maybe this week will start the official homestake of the Fallen Angels Podcast! Now on with the other stuff.

What kind of microphone will you be using?
Some piece of crap one that I found at a yardsale for $0.25. But I am only kidding! Well, it is a microphone, and we will leave it at that, it's not important, just as long as it sounds good!

How will you insure a great sound in our Podcast?
Ah hah! Something all website managers want is great quality in what they happen to have on their site. Well, I will get only the best program, one that allows me to change all audio features, so that I can get the clearest sound possible. Also, this will allow me to manage the sound, among other things. I will also optimize my microphone setup so that it will come in as clear as possible.

What can we do to help?
On to my favorite question! Well, you guys can do many things to help! First, you can start by posting ideas as to what I should be talking about, you can also post suggestions for programs. Anything you wish to talk about!

Well, did I sound proffessional? That is what I was getting at ! Very good, anyways, thanks for reading my non-sensical crap, and please reply with some of your ideas! Thanks and enjoy the hopefully, upcomming Fallen Angels Podcast!

IceBlade 10-23-2006 09:24 AM

Great idea. Since you're just starting off and don't have any developers to interview yet you can interview a couple of Warlords or Squad Leaders or something. For your first I'd suggest you get in touch with Hell-Kite and he could give you a little history lesson on FA. You can give brief updates on how divisions are doing, their latest match/scrim results, their recruiting status, etc. You could talk about the latest games to be released and the latest techology out there. Personally though I like the radio idea better. Just have a certain time to do it where members can tune in. (You could record it too so others would be able to listen in if they missed it.) We've done this in the past and it worked great because other members were able to call in and discuss as well as listen. Could talk about serious issus as well such as NKorea, Iraq, etc. One last thing I'd like to mention is a sound clips game we've played in the past. Get a bunch of sound clips from older games or perhaps new games as well and people have to guess what games they're from. Good luck!

.Endless 10-23-2006 11:01 AM

Thanks for the ideas IceBlade, I will definately try to get some things together :)

Hell-Kite 10-23-2006 02:57 PM

get in touch with me, endless
just pm me on the forums and i'll send you contact info

blood 10-24-2006 02:49 AM

Yeah. Endless, you were talking to me about this on IRC. It's a great idea and I think you should talk to eternal about using his free vent server. No promises and I'm not speaking for him, but 50 guys chillin' in a vent listening to the news about the clan is GREAT. I love it. So, go find eternal's name and PM him or I can give him your contact if you want to PM me (on IRC or here) with it.

Good deals, buddy.
blood