Go Back   Fallen Angels > General Discussion > Anything Goes! > Tech Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old 12-31-2007, 05:36 PM   #6  
N0de
Dominating!

I thought of that but I've checked and rechecked everything. The usb ports are getting power but no data for some reason. I could have burned something up, I know the old psu is burnt up but I think that was due to the increased load of the x1900xtx over the x800xt that was in there. I threw a usb pci card in there for now since I have discovered a larger problem. Also all my drivers and my bios is up to date.

I have yet another problem, my x1900xtx is running very slow. Like my x800xt will keep pace with it fps wise. In wow(im d/l 3dmark 06 to check that) in stormwind I get 20ish fps and it dips to 9fps weather I turn everything up or down. Max fps I have seen is 35 with settings in the middle area. I know my x800xt ran 60fps almost solid outside of town and in the 30s in town but even it is seeming held back. My temp problems are gone on the gfx card and im 99% sure it has enough power(500w 2-12v rails @ 18a each).

GPU clock: 499.5mhz(should be 6xx)
Memory clock: 594/1188(should be 750/1500)
memory bus: 256bit(good)
pixel pipelines: 16(I thought it should be higher but Im not 100%)

My x800xt runs a 499 and 499 respectivly. Im not too sure why the x1900 is runnign so poor. I have to run atitool just to get it to run stock speeds and even then it heats up a little unless I override the fan control.

Anyone have ideas? I do have the 7.12 drivers and I thought I cleared out the old ones good enough... maybe not.